International University – Viet Nam National University would like to announce the IRELAND GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP 2020-2021 program for Vietnamese candidates to pursue Masters study at Irish higher education institutions.
- Scholarship information:
– Number of scholarship: 30 slots;
– Value: Full scholarship (Visa fee, return airfare, full tuition fees, public health insurance, monthly stipend to cover accommodation and subsistence costs and settling-in allowance.
Scholarships are for individuals for full-time study of up 12 months duration for Masters programmes.
- Application requirements:
- Vietnamese residents living in Vietnam.
- Students Agriculture and Rural Development, Food Science, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems and Communications Technology, International Relations, Politics, Law, Human Rights, Management and Business, Health, Medicine, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Social Policy, Development Studies, Humanitarian Action, Tourism and Hospitality, Public Relations, Women’s Studies, Gender Studies, Equality Studies, Others: data analytics, AI, new media.
- Have at least 2 years of work experience after graduation;
- Fluency in English: IELTS 6.5 or higher and no score below 6.0;
- Meet academic qualifications required by your chosen course.
- Registration procedure:
Register online at: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/vietnam/
- Application deadline:
Before 12:00 PM on Monday 11 November 2019 (postal stamp).
Student Exchange and Study Abroad Program at International University (IU SEaSAP) started in Academic Year 2010/2011 with 02 Inbound and 05 Outbound Students. In 2014, International Student Service Center (ISSC) was established with the aim to strengthen the IU Student Exchange Program. Since then, thanks to the active contribution of IU SEaSAP Alumni Network, the Exchange Program at International University has been gradually developing and sharpening.
On August 08, 2019, IU SEaSAP Alumni Association was officially established, paved the way for the Program to hit its first milestone: the 10-year Anniversary! The Ceremony was an opportunity for the Alumni to unite and to exchange the experiences, as well as to inspire others with their invaluable sharing.
Let’s enjoy their vivid memories and the wonderful adventures in this Memento of IU SEaSAP – First Edition as of August 08, 2019.
To help international exchange students preparing your new adventures with IU next Semester(s) in the Academic Year 2019/2020, ISSC would like to announce some very important dates as follows:
Semester I (Fall Semester), AY 2019/2020
- Orientation Day: 06 September, 2019
- First day of Fall Semester: 09 September, 2019
- Mid-term Examination: 04-16 November, 2019
- Final Examination: Week of 13-18 January, 2020 AND Week of 03-08 February, 2020
- Lunar New Year Break: 20 January – 01 February, 2020 (2 weeks-off; The Lunar New Year will divide the Final Exam Period into 02 halves)
- End of Fall Semester (Semester 1): 08 February, 2020
Semester II (Spring Semester), AY 2019/2020
- Orientation Day: 07 February, 2020
- First day of Spring Semester: 10 February, 2020
- Mid-term Examination: 06-18 April, 2020
- Final Examination: 15-27 June, 2020
- End of Spring Semester (Semester 2): 27 June, 2020
The NUS Fellows Programme (Southeast Asia) aims to attract bright young faculty members (or would-be faculty members) and researchers from ASEAN universities and research institutes to NUS for a 6 to 12-month fellowship.
Up to 25 Fellowships will be offered each year.
- NUS will provide shared accommodation.
- NUS will provide a monthly stipend of up to S$ 2,000.
- Access to professional development opportunities (events, seminars and training programmes) within NUS.
- Citizenship / Residency: Applicants must either be citizens of an ASEAN country or must be residing in an ASEAN country at the time of application.
- Degree: Applicants must have a PhD Degree from a reputed institute. However, exceptional candidates with a master’s degree may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Relevant Experience: Applicants should possess NO more than 10 years of post-PhD research experience. Postdoctoral experience can be included under research experience.
- Language: Applicant must be fluent in written and oral English.
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
Documents Required for Application include:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae including list of selected publications (no longer than 2 pages).
- Cover Letter highlighting your suitability for the fellowship based on review criteria (no longer than 1 page)
- Research Proposal (no longer than 2 pages) developed in consultation with the host professor(s) / PI(s) at NUS.
- Copy of host professor / PI’s in-principle approval over his/her official email id.
- Two recommendation letters from current and past supervisors stating your suitability for this fellowship.
- Letter of Support from the home institute / University (Director, HoD, Vice Dean, Dean) endorsing your candidature.
- Copy of diplomas and transcripts.
- Applicant’s training, aptitude and experience: Academic qualifications, performance, relevant experience, aptitude to benefit from the fellowship program and ability to add value after his / her return home.
- Relevance and Quality of the Research Proposal: The proposal must be well-designed, innovative and the stipulated outputs must be achievable during the fellowship tenure.
- Personal Qualities: Applicant must have the qualities to serve as a goodwill ambassador for NUS personified by virtues of innovation, resilience, excellence, respect and integrity.
- Review your eligibility before starting your application.
- Browse through the list of available professor / PI’s and their research areas as potential collaborators.
If you would like to collaborate with another professor / PI who is NOT on this list, you may approach him / her directly to discuss this opportunity. If the professor / PI is supportive of your application, he / she may give you an in-principle approval over email.
- Reach out to the Professor / PI you intend to collaborate with via his/her official email and jointly develop a short research proposal (no longer than 2 pages)
- Get your host professor’s / PI’s in-principle approval over his/her official email id.
- After obtaining in-principle approval from your host professor / PI, complete the Application Form and submit all the documents to International Student Service Center (Room A2.604).
Submit your application before 04:00 PM of 15 June 2019.