International Fair is annually organized to connect international students from different countries and local students. On this occasion, Japanese, Spanish, Finish, American, Austrian, German students are paired with IU buddies in booths to prepare and sell their traditional food/drink. Besides that, students are also involved in charity games and fund-raising activities to show their support toward the community.
International University – Viet Nam National University would like to announce the “Elite Study in Taiwan” scholarship program. This program aims at university lecturers (or assistant professor levels) who would like to study in NTPU for his/her Ph.D. degree. “Elite Scholarship program” is a government-funded project. The awardees will receive a 3-year funding (up to NTD 900,000 in total) for his/her study at Ph.D. program in NTPU. The recommended announcement is as follows:
＊Financial assistance: A monthly stipend of up to NT$ 25,000 for Ph.D. program students.
＊Duration of study: 2020 Sep. ~2023 Aug. (3 years maximum)
·Applicant must be a current teacher/lecturer at (NTPU’s partner university).
·Applicant must possess a master degree certificate.
·Applicant must possess enough English proficiency due to the courses will be taught in English.
＊Applicable Ph.D. programs: (NTPU ESIT project opens to the candidates who would like to study in the following departments or colleges ONLY)
＊How to apply:
(1)Please submit a copy (pdf file only) of your staff ID, which can identify you as a teacher/lecturer at [NTPU’s partner university], and a copy of your master certificate (pdf file only)
(2)Please enclose your full name and the department/institute/college you would like to apply. No other application document is needed other than the above mentioned at this stage. Email “(1) pdf files” to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than “November 15th, 2019”.(Please note that any 1st stage application after Nov 15th will not be processed.
- Stage 2:
The approved quota of the candidate(s) will be announced around January 31st, 2020. A further notification will be given later. The candidates could then apply for the Ph.D. program through NTPU online application system after receiving the notification: (http://www.ntpu.edu.tw/admin/a7/org/a7-3/recruitt21_more.php?id=62)
＊For more information about National Taipei University: (http://english.ntpu.edu.tw/bin/home.php)
＊Contact person: Ms. April Lin (email@example.com), OIA NTPU
International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to call for applicants for UMOVE(ME) Program at University of Minho – Portugal in 2020-2021. More details of the scholarship are as follow:
- Scholarship value: 160 EUR/day (stay allowance) and 1,500 EUR for travelling fees (Round-trip airfare + Insurance).
Source of scholarship: Erasmus Plus Program
- Application package: All documents must be provided in English.
- English Certificate of B2 level (or IELTS ≥5);
- Proof of registration/contractual relationship with International University (in English);
- Preliminary work plan (in English);
- CV (in English);
- Transcripts of record/Certificates (in English);
- Letter of Motivation (maximum one page), explaining the reasons for the application, specific competences, academic interests, professional experience, commitment to return to the country of origin and benefits that the mobility grant will bring to the candidate and its context;
- Letter of recommendation;
- Application deadline:
Submit 01 hard-copy package of application documents to International Student Service Center (Room A2.604) before 31 October 2019 AND complete online application on the program’s website before 15 November 2019: https://alunos.uminho.pt/EN/students/mobilityprograms/Pages/ICM.aspx
On September 24, 2019, International Student Service Center welcomed 45 male students from Komaba Toho High School, Japan. The program was desired to bring Japanese students with cultural exchange activities and an environmental-related lecture named new project for the future. They had discussion with their IU buddies the best solutions for an idea related to wireless charging electronic cars battery as well as how to raise people’s awareness of environmental protection.
International University would like to announce the Austrian SP24 Fund of Research Visits for ASEA-UNINET member universities. As there is still budget left for 2019 and the first quarter of 2020, you are invited to use this opportunity to trigger projects between partners in South-East-Asia and Austria.
The requirements are as following:
– The duration should be ideally 3-4 weeks (less than 3 weeks is not possible) to trigger new joint research projects and ideas.
– In cases of researchers who already had a research-visit last year and would like to intensify/enrich their cooperation with a specific partner they have visited last year – applications of visits in either of both directions are encouraged for the following year (i.e.2019) or first quarter of 2020.
– Applicants have to fill in the attached application form, outlining the intentions, research plan, schedule etc.
– The application has to be submitted by the Austrian ASEA-UNINET Member University.
– The application forms for SP24 outgoings and incomings are attached.
– Most of the time decisions on SP24 applications will be taken within a maximum time frame of 4 weeks.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 6 weeks before the planned in or outgoing travel. The programme is administered by the OeAD-GmbH. The approved application has to be submitted to the OeAD-GmbH no later than one month before the planned visit.