International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to invite IU postgraduate students to participate in the workshop “Proposal Writing for Research Projects 2020” organized by DAAD. The details are as follows:
- Program duration: Saturday, 18 July 2020; 9:00 to 16:30
- Venue: DAAD Information Center HCMC, German House, 33 Le Duan, Ward Ben Nghe, District 1, HCMC
- Course description: The workshop will provide basic knowledge and skills that are needed to design and write a potentially successful proposal for scholarship or research funding (transform a research idea into a proposal) on the basis of lectures, group work and exercises. During the workshop, the participant proposals will be presented, discussed and evaluated.
- Target candidate:
– Must hold at least a MSc/M.A. degree or have equivalent research experience
– Possess English language skills, both written and spoken
- NGUYEN Thanh Phong – lecturer and researcher at Hoa Sen University
- Berndt Tilp – Director of DAAD Information Center HCMC
- Application package: (for more information: shorturl.at/qABE3)
- Academic CV
- 1-page proposal
- Registration: sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and the trainer, Dr. Nguyen Thanh Phong (email@example.com)
- Deadline for applications: 11:00PM, July 10th 2020
- Fee: No participation fee. Lunch and coffee break will be covered by DAAD
International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to invite IU students to participate in 2020 SMART 2.0 Student Online Competition. The details are as follows:
- Participation Eligibility: All students from SATU member universities and must be currently enrolled in a full-time study program
- Theme of competition: Forging Creative Pathways with International Education－Utilizing Local Resources to Diversify Outreach and Innovation.”
- The 2020 Challenge:
- Identify up to five (5) important problem being widely experienced by distance learners;
- Develop innovative solutions to overcome these problems
- Instruction of registration, forming a team and submission: http://satu-smart.com/index.php
- Cash prize: up to $3,600
- Registration deadline: http://satu-smart.com/registration.php by 46 June, 2020
International Fair is annually organized to connect international students from different countries and local students. On this occasion, Japanese, Spanish, Finish, American, Austrian, German students are paired with IU buddies in booths to prepare and sell their traditional food/drink. Besides that, students are also involved in charity games and fund-raising activities to show their support toward the community.
On September 24, 2019, International Student Service Center welcomed 45 male students from Komaba Toho High School, Japan. The program was desired to bring Japanese students with cultural exchange activities and an environmental-related lecture named new project for the future. They had discussion with their IU buddies the best solutions for an idea related to wireless charging electronic cars battery as well as how to raise people’s awareness of environmental protection.
September 19, 2019 was such a hectic but meaningful day when International Student Service Center (ISSC) hosted a group of 22 Faculty Staff and students from Hokkaido University, Japan. Hokkaido University – a Japanese national university in Sapporo, Hokkaido – is a member of the Imperial Universities established to be the nation’s finest institutes of higher education.
The Study Tour program is tailored to offer Hokkaido University students a day of academic observation, cultural exchange, as well as friendship establishment. In the morning, the Hokkaido students were involved into two classrooms regarding Organizational Behavior and Business Computing Skills before being matched with their Vietnamese buddies and guided around International University campus. The lunch then was followed by a cultural exchange section when Hokkaido University proudly conveyed a succinct University introduction with details related to its location, faculties, facilities, and so on. A presenter from International University was also pleased to sketch the image of International University in her eyes and also shared her feelings.
Last September 06, 2019, International Student Service Center (ISSC) delightedly welcomed 29 international students to IU-VNU to study during this Fall Semester, AY 2019/2020. The purpose of the Orientation Week is to help international students to familiarize with the campus life, the local living as well as to be paired up with their Buddies who will assist them during their time in Ho Chi Minh City.
On this day, 29 students representing 11 universities, 8 nationalities from 3 continents were able to meet each other and be prepared with local regulations, students activities/clubs, be introduced to services for international students (ie., library, learning platform and systems, public transportation in HCM, etc.), and the extra-curriculum activities for international students during the semester.
A City Tour of Ho Chi Minh City was proposed on the next day where international students got chances to know more about the lifestyle of Vietnamese people in Ho Chi Minh City, and the history of Vietnam in general, of Ho Chi Minh City (aka. Saigon in the past) in particular.
On the September 08, 29 students took part in an excursion to Mekong Delta. Here, they had opportunities to see the beauty of the Southern Vietnam, go on a relaxing Mekong Delta boat tour to see iconic fishing villages with stilt house and rice paddies as well as enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch, sample locally made coconut candy.
It is just the beginning of the semester. It is believed that Ho Chi Minh City has a lot more to offer to the international friends. Let’s enjoy the stay and share with us your experiences!