CALL FOR APPLICATONS FOR PH.D. RESEARCH ASSISTANTSHIP AT NATIONAL PINGTUNG UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Ph.D. Research Assistantship at National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan:
- Number of scholarships: 06
- Duration of scholarship: 4 years
- Language of instruction: English
- English requirements: TOEFL iBT 71, IELTS 5.5, TOEIC 785, or BULATS ALTE Level 3; with the advisor’s permission, requirements may be fulfilled by the end of first year of study.
- Tuition waiver
- Stipend of at least TWD 14,000 per month (TWD 8,000 from school; TWD 6,000 from advisor)
- Program details:
- Application requirements:
- Application form;
- Research proposal;
- Chinese or English translations of undergraduate and graduate or equivalent transcripts and diploma;
- A copy of proof of English proficiency level within past two years;
- Two English letters of recommendation;
- A copy of passport or National ID.
- Application deadline: March 31st, 2020
Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia is offering Darmasiswa Scholarship Program Academic Year 2020/2021 to students from several countries including Vietnam. In this one-year scholarship program, students will study Indonesia language (Bahasa Indonesia), as well as Indonesian arts and culture. Students have the opportunity to choose one of 72 universities.
Details of the Scholarship program, as well as the online registration, can be obtained in https://apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/. The registration form, along with all supporting documents, should be submitted online to the aforementioned website no later than 2 March 2020. Applicants with uncompleted documents will not be able to proceed to the interview session.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Ho Chi Minh City would sort the application form and all its supporting documents. The selected candidates are to take an interview session in the Consulate General and proceed to other test that will be conducted by the appointed university.
For further information, please contact Ms. Aghata, Staff of the Socio-Cultural and Information Section, email: email@example.com.
* Announcement from Consul General Hanif Salim, Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City, January 03, 2020*
1. Time and duration: from March to September 2020
2. Location: Taiwan
All qualified candidates with Business Administration or related major, good English ability, and strong motivation in pursuing a master degree at NQU or in Taiwan
This program titled “Taiwan Experience” which means all members will be provided the following Taiwan-rooted practical & academic experiences. And this new program includes:
- Internship (At one of the leading hotels or companies in Kinmen)
- Mandarin courses (To improve future competitiveness)
- Professional training (Both tourism and business fields)
- Pre-sessional courses (To prepare for the postgraduate program at NQU)
5. Expenses covered:
- Free round-trip tickets
- Free accommodation
- Monthly allowance
6. Deadline: 16:00, 9/01/2020 at A2.604 (ISSC)
Please take a look the following videos:
NQU Introduction Video: https://youtu.be/RuMxqtAmJlg
Students’ experience sharing:
Arina’s sharing – https://youtu.be/Tlzk3uwgLPI
Andi’s sharing – https://youtu.be/hzPBwnZguKo
The internship of TEEP students: https://youtu.be/_swHtxD2Y8Y
TEEP graduation video: https://youtu.be/DJuc3LhVe9c
International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to invite IU students to participate in the mobility program at Alliance 4 Universities A4U. The details are as follows:
1. Target candidates: Bachelor students who have completed their first academic year and PhD students who have completed at least one semester at IU-VNU.
Note: Please read the information about the application procedure as well as the course description carefully before applying.
2. Duration of scholarship: from 3 to 5 months
3. Language of instruction: English
4. Scholarship: 850 EUR/living expenses and 1500 EUR for round trip airfare and medical insurance.
5. Program details:
6. Application requirements:
– Proof of English skills if English is not your mother tongue (level B2 of CEFR, TOEFL iBT 90 or equivalent)
– CV/Resume (in English)
– Transcript/ related certificates (in English)
– Motivational Letter
– Copy of Passport (valid for at least 2 years by the time of application).
7. Application deadline:
Application package submitted to International Student Service Center (Room A2.604) before 14:00, 03 February, 2020 (PhD student) or 14:00, 9 March 2020 (bachelor student)
International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to invite applicants for Fulbright US-ASEAN Vietnamese Visiting Scholar Program 2020. The details are as follow:
- Program Description:
The Fulbright U.S.–ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program is open to university faculty, foreign ministry or other government officials, and professional staff of the private sector, think tanks, and other NGOs in the ASEAN Member States.
Selected Fulbright U.S. – ASEAN Visiting Scholars will travel to the United States for three to four months during the spring of 2021, where they will carry out scholarly and professional research on priority issues to the U.S.-ASEAN relationship and ASEAN.
Projects should be selected that are regional in scope and/or have clear implications for the entire ASEAN region.
Please note the criteria for U.S.-ASEAN scholarships – research on priority issues for the U.S.-ASEAN relationship and ASEAN, clear regional implications – differ substantially from those for other bilateral Fulbright grants. Projects considered for one may not be appropriate for the other.
A central tenet of that strategy is to work closely with multilateral institutions such as ASEAN.
The objective of the Fulbright U.S.-ASEAN Visiting Scholar Initiative is to deepen people-to-people engagement and strengthen our ties with the ten member nations of ASEAN, while specifically emphasizing the importance of ASEAN. This marks the eighth year of the Initiative.
- Fields of study:
In FY 2020, Fulbright Visiting Scholars may apply to conduct research that supports broad ASEAN initiatives, such as support for regional economic integration, expansion of maritime cooperation, promotion of opportunities for women, and addressing transnational challenges (including regional collaboration on issues like curbing human trafficking, countering violent extremism, and preventing wildlife trafficking or promoting sustainable fishing).
Fulbright U.S-ASEAN Visiting Scholar applicants should be university faculty, foreign ministry and government officials, or professionals in the private sector, think tanks and other NGOs whose work focuses on U.S.–ASEAN issues. Applicants will be expected to have a significant record of scholarly or professional accomplishment; they must be Vietnamese citizen; and they must be proficient in English. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who have not had recent and substantial experience in the United States. Applicants must be residing in Vietnam throughout the nomination and selection process, and they must return to Vietnam upon completion of their U.S. stay.
Applicants are INELIGIBLE if they:
- Are currently teaching, studying, or conducting research in the U.S., or who have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years.
- Have been to the U.S. as a J-1 Exchange Visitor in the category of Professor or Research Scholar within the past two years.
5. The following materials comprise a complete application:
- Project statement (three to five pages)
- Curriculum vitae (up to six pages)
- Letter of invitation (strongly preferred, but not required)
- Letters of recommendation (three are required)
Candidates will access the on-line application at https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2020
Application deadline: Monday, December 2, 2019 at 17:00 by Vietnam time zone
- Award Terms: Fulbright U.S.–ASEAN Visiting Scholar awards will provide:
- A monthly stipend for grantees, between US $2,710 and $3,145/month, depending on the U.S. city.
- A direct-flight, round-trip economy-class air ticket.
- A $1,250 Professional and Settling-in allowance.
- Qualifying university lab and research fees up to $3,000, as necessary.
- No dependent support will be available.
- Points of contact:
Ms. Đỗ Thu Hương
Fulbright Program Assistant
Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Rose Garden Tower, 170 Ngọc Khánh, Hà Nội
Phone: (024) 3850-5000 (ext. 6225)