International University – Viet Nam National University would like to announce the “Elite Study in Taiwan” scholarship program. This program aims at university lecturers (or assistant professor levels) who would like to study in NTPU for his/her Ph.D. degree. “Elite Scholarship program” is a government-funded project. The awardees will receive a 3-year funding (up to NTD 900,000 in total) for his/her study at Ph.D. program in NTPU. The recommended announcement is as follows:
＊Financial assistance: A monthly stipend of up to NT$ 25,000 for Ph.D. program students.
＊Duration of study: 2020 Sep. ~2023 Aug. (3 years maximum)
·Applicant must be a current teacher/lecturer at (NTPU’s partner university).
·Applicant must possess a master degree certificate.
·Applicant must possess enough English proficiency due to the courses will be taught in English.
＊Applicable Ph.D. programs: (NTPU ESIT project opens to the candidates who would like to study in the following departments or colleges ONLY)
＊How to apply:
(1)Please submit a copy (pdf file only) of your staff ID, which can identify you as a teacher/lecturer at [NTPU’s partner university], and a copy of your master certificate (pdf file only)
(2)Please enclose your full name and the department/institute/college you would like to apply. No other application document is needed other than the above mentioned at this stage. Email “(1) pdf files” to email@example.com no later than “November 15th, 2019”.(Please note that any 1st stage application after Nov 15th will not be processed.
- Stage 2:
The approved quota of the candidate(s) will be announced around January 31st, 2020. A further notification will be given later. The candidates could then apply for the Ph.D. program through NTPU online application system after receiving the notification: (http://www.ntpu.edu.tw/admin/a7/org/a7-3/recruitt21_more.php?id=62)
＊For more information about National Taipei University: (http://english.ntpu.edu.tw/bin/home.php)
＊Contact person: Ms. April Lin (firstname.lastname@example.org), OIA NTPU
International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to call for applicants for UMOVE(ME) Program at University of Minho – Portugal in 2020-2021. More details of the scholarship are as follow:
- Scholarship value: 160 EUR/day (stay allowance) and 1,500 EUR for travelling fees (Round-trip airfare + Insurance).
Source of scholarship: Erasmus Plus Program
- Application package: All documents must be provided in English.
- English Certificate of B2 level (or IELTS ≥5);
- Proof of registration/contractual relationship with International University (in English);
- Preliminary work plan (in English);
- CV (in English);
- Transcripts of record/Certificates (in English);
- Letter of Motivation (maximum one page), explaining the reasons for the application, specific competences, academic interests, professional experience, commitment to return to the country of origin and benefits that the mobility grant will bring to the candidate and its context;
- Letter of recommendation;
- Application deadline:
Submit 01 hard-copy package of application documents to International Student Service Center (Room A2.604) before 31 October 2019 AND complete online application on the program’s website before 15 November 2019: https://alunos.uminho.pt/EN/students/mobilityprograms/Pages/ICM.aspx
International University would like to announce the Austrian SP24 Fund of Research Visits for ASEA-UNINET member universities. As there is still budget left for 2019 and the first quarter of 2020, you are invited to use this opportunity to trigger projects between partners in South-East-Asia and Austria.
The requirements are as following:
– The duration should be ideally 3-4 weeks (less than 3 weeks is not possible) to trigger new joint research projects and ideas.
– In cases of researchers who already had a research-visit last year and would like to intensify/enrich their cooperation with a specific partner they have visited last year – applications of visits in either of both directions are encouraged for the following year (i.e.2019) or first quarter of 2020.
– Applicants have to fill in the attached application form, outlining the intentions, research plan, schedule etc.
– The application has to be submitted by the Austrian ASEA-UNINET Member University.
– The application forms for SP24 outgoings and incomings are attached.
– Most of the time decisions on SP24 applications will be taken within a maximum time frame of 4 weeks.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com, no later than 6 weeks before the planned in or outgoing travel. The programme is administered by the OeAD-GmbH. The approved application has to be submitted to the OeAD-GmbH no later than one month before the planned visit.
International University (IU) would like to announce The Hokkaido University Short-term exchange program (HUSTEP) in Japan. This is the opportunity for students to learn languages and Japanese cultures for 5-month living at Hokkaido University, Japan.
More information of the program are as followed:
- Time of enrollment: From April 2020 to August 2020.
- Be enrolled and pay tuition fees at their home university as a full-time student during the entire period of study in Japan.
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate study at their own university prior to arrival in Japan.
- Achieve GPA≥3.0 over the scale 4.0, or equivalent.
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5.
– Applicants are not required to know Japanese to be eligible for application.
– Applicants studying Japanese are recommended to apply for Japanese Language and Cultural Studies (JLCSP) instead of HUSTEP.
- Application package: 1 original and 1 photo copy package
(Download application forms at: https://www.global.hokudai.ac.jp/admissions/exchange-student-admissions/exchange-programs-in-english-hustep/)
– HUSTEP Application Form 2017-2018 (including Cover page of HUSTEP 2020 Application Form and HUSTEP Application Form 2019-2020)
– Certificate of enrollment at International University;
– Recommendation letter
– Official Transcript of record;
– Certificate of Health;
– 03 portrait pictures size 4.5×3.5cm;
– TOEFL or IELTS Certificate;
– Copy of passport (not notarized);
Applicants of HUSTEP will be sponsored JASSO Scholarship with a grant of 80,000 JPY/month. Applicants need to fill in JASSO Scholarship application form attaching to HUSTEP program application package.
- Application Deadline:
Application package should be submitted to The Office of International Student Service Center (Room A2.604) before 27 September 2019.
International University – Viet Nam National University is pleased to announce the 2nd International Summer Internship at NII in 2019. NII will provide applicants with internship opportunities. After finishing the program and completing the internship report, interns will be given a certificate from NII. The detailed information is as follows:
- Internship Duration:
– Applicants can conduct the internship from 60 to 180 days at NII. The minimum exchange period is 2 months.
– Applicants have to start the internship at the end of March 2020.
- Applicant Eligibility:
– Postgraduates enrolled in Master’s degree or PHD degree programs related to the fields and the research topics at NII.
– Applicants who are full-time lecturers or regular officials are prioritized, and will contribute to the institute sending them to the internship after finishing the program.
– Applicants who have already obtained a PHD degree are not acceptable for the internship opportunities.
- Application Requirements:
– Applicants must fill in the registration form downloaded at: http://bit.ly/2lYixBq.
– Applicants choose 03 topics among the topics available in the list of research topics. List of research topics: http://bit.ly/2klrDYK.
– CV (in English).
– Proofs of acceptance provided by professors, lecturers at NII.
– Certificate of enrollment as master/doctoral students from sending institutions.
– NII will not accept applications sent directly.
– Interns taking part in the program have to work on the topic they have chosen and comply with the regulations and statutes at NII. In case of violation, interns will be forced to cancel their internship.
- Internship Allowance:
– NII will support interns with an allowance for stay cost of 5,700 Yen/Day (equivalent to 171,000 Yen/Month) during their stay at NII.
– NII will pay for medical treatment fees except for some specific and injured cases (For example: chronic diseases, dental or vaccine-related problems).
– Interns who have duration of stay over 3 months are acceptable to join the national health insurance. If interns have to pay the local government of the place they are staying at for this insurance fee, they can use the allowance for stay cost given by NII or their personal financial resources. This cost is about 1000 Yen/Month. All procedures must be authorized at the local government offices.
– Interns must pay for other expenses on their own.
- Application deadline:
Please submit application package to International Student Service Center (Room A2.604) before 23 September 2019.
International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to announce that the Government of Japan provides grant aid to implement the Vietnam Human Resource Development Scholarship Program for Vietnam (JDS) 2019 for school year 2020 – 2022 as follows:
- Information about JDS Scholarship Program:
JDS scholarship is applicable for officials and public employees who work in state agencies of Vietnam, having qualifications to study Master programs taught in English for 2 years at Japanese universities. Available majors include: Strengthening the market economy system (Public Economics, Public Administration), Transport/ Urban Development, Energy, Agriculture and Rural Development, Environment, and Response to Variables Climate Change and Environmental Disasters, Strengthening the Legal System and Strengthening Public Administration Capacity. The training program will equip modern analytical and management skills for officials to perform properly in various fields of government management.
In the academic year 2020-2022, the program expects to admit 60 Master students.
- Target applicants and Admission requirements:
- Official and lecturer working at state agencies, universities and public colleges across the country, enterprises with 100% state-owned capital, having political qualities, good morality; not in disciplinary enforcement or being examined by disciplinary authorities;
- Be physically fit to study abroad, having at least 02 years of full-time experience at government agencies (including at least 06 months of full-time work at the current agency with social insurance payment);
- Aged 24 to 39 years old as of April 1, 2020;
- Graduated from an official university in Vietnam or foreign countries;
- Approved by the agency to enroll in 2-year-Master program in Japan (from August 2020 to October 2022);
- Committing to complete the training program and return to serve at the sending school or at the request of the State. Those who do not complete the training program, drop out of school, are forced to leave school or after graduation do not return to the country of service, do not fulfill the obligations of the scholarship recipient must compensate the training costs in accordance with Vietnamese government regulations;
- The field of enrollment registration must be in accordance with the current job, approved by the agency in the dispatch;
- For university and master graduates abroad but not sent by the Ministry of Education and Training to or graduate from university and master training programs coordinated with foreign countries conducted in Vietnam need an equivalent certificate issued by the Department of Quality Management – Ministry of Education and Training;
- Not to recruit candidates who fall into the following cases:
- Having been sent by a State agency to study abroad but failing to complete the course or failing to make a graduation report as prescribed;
- Working at a local agency but there is no document of the direct managing agency agreeing to attend the meeting;
- Having been granted a scholarship to attend university / graduate school abroad, with obligations, responsibilities, or subject to training funding reimbursement.
- Selection criteria:
- Applicants have a high ability to contribute to the country after graduation;
- Candidates who have good competency and achievement in studying and working, including English proficiency shown through the TOEFL LTP 500 GBT 61) or IELTS 5.5 are valid until May 31, 2020.
- Application and Registration Process
- Applicants visit the website http://Jds-scholarship.org to download the brochures and the JDS scholarship program.
- Applicants submit paper documents directly at the office or by post to the address:
Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE)
JDS Scholarship Project Office in Vietnam
3rd floor, Vietnam – Japan building (VJCC)
Foreign Trade University, 91 Chua Lang, Dong Da, Hanoi. Phone: 024 3934 7711/12
- Before sending paper documents, candidates must scan to save the entire file to PDF files (each type of scanned document into a separate file no larger than 1 MB) to register online on the system. Online system of International Cooperation Department – Ministry of Education and Training at the following address: https://tuyensinh.vied.vn /. For technical issues, please contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission of hard-copy and soft-copy application package: Before 17:00 October 29, 2019 (deadline of submission, application documents by postmarked transfer of documents to JDS Scholarship Project Office if applying via post office).
A valid application is a package that includes all the required documents for a scholarship, submitted within the time limit specified in the Notice of Enrollment (including both online and paper records). Those who submit incorrect application forms and those who certify incorrectly will be handled according to the provisions of Vietnamese law.
- a) During the enrollment process in Vietnam
- Free TOEEL ITP and health check organized by JICE;
- Travel and accommodation support for qualifying rounds (for applicants outside Hanoi only) and orientation course in Hanoi (for all successful candidates);
- b) After being admitted
- Free visa application.
- Tuition fees at Japanese higher education institutions;
- Vietnam round-trip tickets <> Japan:
- Monthly living expenses in Japan;
- Fixed initial subsidies to buy computers and materials;
- Assistance with finding housing and free housing deposit in Japan;
- Cost of attending a seminar in Japan and internationally;
- Cost of transporting furniture to Vietnam after finishing school.
- Estimated enrollment schedule
- October 29, 2019: Deadline for JDS scholarship application submission
- November, 2019: English proficiency test (TOEEFL ITP) for candidates who do not have a TOEEFL TP score of 500 or IELTS 5.5.
Basic math algebra test (except candidates for Nagoya University, Kyushu University and Tohoku University).
- December , 2019 Japanese universities select applications
- February , 2020 Japanese universities conduct technical interviews
- March , 2020 The Executive Board of the scholarship program conducted the final interview
- End of March 2020 Announcement of final results
- April , 2020 Complete admission documents
- August , 2020 Admission to Japanese schools