International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to invite applicants for Fulbright US-ASEAN Vietnamese Visiting Scholar Program 2020. The details are as follow:
- Program Description:
The Fulbright U.S.–ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program is open to university faculty, foreign ministry or other government officials, and professional staff of the private sector, think tanks, and other NGOs in the ASEAN Member States.
Selected Fulbright U.S. – ASEAN Visiting Scholars will travel to the United States for three to four months during the spring of 2021, where they will carry out scholarly and professional research on priority issues to the U.S.-ASEAN relationship and ASEAN.
Projects should be selected that are regional in scope and/or have clear implications for the entire ASEAN region.
Please note the criteria for U.S.-ASEAN scholarships – research on priority issues for the U.S.-ASEAN relationship and ASEAN, clear regional implications – differ substantially from those for other bilateral Fulbright grants. Projects considered for one may not be appropriate for the other.
A central tenet of that strategy is to work closely with multilateral institutions such as ASEAN.
The objective of the Fulbright U.S.-ASEAN Visiting Scholar Initiative is to deepen people-to-people engagement and strengthen our ties with the ten member nations of ASEAN, while specifically emphasizing the importance of ASEAN. This marks the eighth year of the Initiative.
- Fields of study:
In FY 2020, Fulbright Visiting Scholars may apply to conduct research that supports broad ASEAN initiatives, such as support for regional economic integration, expansion of maritime cooperation, promotion of opportunities for women, and addressing transnational challenges (including regional collaboration on issues like curbing human trafficking, countering violent extremism, and preventing wildlife trafficking or promoting sustainable fishing).
Fulbright U.S-ASEAN Visiting Scholar applicants should be university faculty, foreign ministry and government officials, or professionals in the private sector, think tanks and other NGOs whose work focuses on U.S.–ASEAN issues. Applicants will be expected to have a significant record of scholarly or professional accomplishment; they must be Vietnamese citizen; and they must be proficient in English. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who have not had recent and substantial experience in the United States. Applicants must be residing in Vietnam throughout the nomination and selection process, and they must return to Vietnam upon completion of their U.S. stay.
Applicants are INELIGIBLE if they:
- Are currently teaching, studying, or conducting research in the U.S., or who have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years.
- Have been to the U.S. as a J-1 Exchange Visitor in the category of Professor or Research Scholar within the past two years.
5. The following materials comprise a complete application:
- Project statement (three to five pages)
- Curriculum vitae (up to six pages)
- Letter of invitation (strongly preferred, but not required)
- Letters of recommendation (three are required)
Candidates will access the on-line application at https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2020
Application deadline: Monday, December 2, 2019 at 17:00 by Vietnam time zone
- Award Terms: Fulbright U.S.–ASEAN Visiting Scholar awards will provide:
- A monthly stipend for grantees, between US $2,710 and $3,145/month, depending on the U.S. city.
- A direct-flight, round-trip economy-class air ticket.
- A $1,250 Professional and Settling-in allowance.
- Qualifying university lab and research fees up to $3,000, as necessary.
- No dependent support will be available.
- Points of contact:
Ms. Đỗ Thu Hương
Fulbright Program Assistant
Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Rose Garden Tower, 170 Ngọc Khánh, Hà Nội
Phone: (024) 3850-5000 (ext. 6225)
International University would like to invite students, academics, and staffs to join the CommTECH Camp Insight 2020 (CommTECH) at Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology (ITS), Indonesia. With an increased engagement between participants, facilitators, and the community, a more impactful experience will be achieved. It becomes even more attractive because at the end of the program, all participants will have an opportunity to present their project and ideas which were developed during the course of the program in front of a wider audience. Details of the program are as follow:
- Program period: From 29 January to 10 February 2020.
- Venue: Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology (ITS), Indonesia.
- Program theme: Solving Local Problems with Global Knowledge.
- Program fee:
The fee for this program is USD 1,600. This covers accommodation, local transportation, tuition fee, workshop materials, seminar kits, scheduled meals, trips, rafting, airport pick up & drop off services, and vouchers. The fee excludes personal expenses, roundtrip flight ticket, visa, travel & health insurance).
ITS offer full scholarship, 50% scholarship (pay only USD 800) & partial scholarship (pay only USD 1,000) for limited participants. Please register early to secure your participation in this program.
- Application procedure:
- Step 1: If you are interested with this program, please kindly prepare an application package including:
- Registration form (download at http://bit.ly/2pgDSZ3).
- Copy of passport.
- Scanned students/staffs/lecturers I.D or statement letter that you are staff or lecturers from IU.
- A recommendation letter from IU: Submit your documents at ISSC (Room A2.604) before 15 November 2019 to be supported with this Letter.
For more information of CommTECH 2020, please visit the official website: https://www.its.ac.id/international/study-at-its/short-program/commtech-camp/commtech-camp-insight/
International University – Viet Nam National University HCMC would like to announce the information of Scholarship for Short Term Internship Program (STIP) at Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT).
Programs offered at SIIT:
||Logistics and Supply Chain Systems Engineering
- Scholarship information:
- Venue: SIIT, Thammasat University, Thailand.
- Period of internship: 1-2 month(s) during February – July.
- Scholarship covers stipend and free accommodation at SIIT International Residential Hall (not including electricity and water supply).
- Students’ qualification:
- Bachelor or Master Degree students with excellent academic record (preferably ranked within the top 20 percent of the class).
- Have good health and good conduct.
- Official nominated by the International University to SIIT.
- Required documents:
- Application form (siit.tu.ac.th/crd).
- Transcript of record and certification or letter to certify student’s academic record of excellence.
- Copy of passport.
- Two strong recommendation letters (at least one recommendation letter must come from academic instructor/advisor).
Application deadline: Please submit all required documents to International Student Service Center (Room A2.604) no later than 4 November 2019.
*Should you have any enquiries about the scholarship program and admissions please directly contact at email: email@example.com or visit website: www.siit.tu.ac.th
International University – Viet Nam National University would like to announce the “Elite Study in Taiwan” scholarship program. This program aims at university lecturers (or assistant professor levels) who would like to study in NTPU for his/her Ph.D. degree. “Elite Scholarship program” is a government-funded project. The awardees will receive a 3-year funding (up to NTD 900,000 in total) for his/her study at Ph.D. program in NTPU. The recommended announcement is as follows:
＊Financial assistance: A monthly stipend of up to NT$ 25,000 for Ph.D. program students.
＊Duration of study: 2020 Sep. ~2023 Aug. (3 years maximum)
·Applicant must be a current teacher/lecturer at (NTPU’s partner university).
·Applicant must possess a master degree certificate.
·Applicant must possess enough English proficiency due to the courses will be taught in English.
＊Applicable Ph.D. programs: (NTPU ESIT project opens to the candidates who would like to study in the following departments or colleges ONLY)
＊How to apply:
(1)Please submit a copy (pdf file only) of your staff ID, which can identify you as a teacher/lecturer at [NTPU’s partner university], and a copy of your master certificate (pdf file only)
(2)Please enclose your full name and the department/institute/college you would like to apply. No other application document is needed other than the above mentioned at this stage. Email “(1) pdf files” to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than “November 15th, 2019”.(Please note that any 1st stage application after Nov 15th will not be processed.
- Stage 2:
The approved quota of the candidate(s) will be announced around January 31st, 2020. A further notification will be given later. The candidates could then apply for the Ph.D. program through NTPU online application system after receiving the notification: (http://www.ntpu.edu.tw/admin/a7/org/a7-3/recruitt21_more.php?id=62)
＊For more information about National Taipei University: (http://english.ntpu.edu.tw/bin/home.php)
＊Contact person: Ms. April Lin (email@example.com), OIA NTPU
International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to call for applicants for UMOVE(ME) Program at University of Minho – Portugal in 2020-2021. More details of the scholarship are as follow:
- Scholarship value: 160 EUR/day (stay allowance) and 1,500 EUR for travelling fees (Round-trip airfare + Insurance).
Source of scholarship: Erasmus Plus Program
- Application package: All documents must be provided in English.
- English Certificate of B2 level (or IELTS ≥5);
- Proof of registration/contractual relationship with International University (in English);
- Preliminary work plan (in English);
- CV (in English);
- Transcripts of record/Certificates (in English);
- Letter of Motivation (maximum one page), explaining the reasons for the application, specific competences, academic interests, professional experience, commitment to return to the country of origin and benefits that the mobility grant will bring to the candidate and its context;
- Letter of recommendation;
- Application deadline:
Submit 01 hard-copy package of application documents to International Student Service Center (Room A2.604) before 31 October 2019 AND complete online application on the program’s website before 15 November 2019: https://alunos.uminho.pt/EN/students/mobilityprograms/Pages/ICM.aspx
International University would like to announce the Austrian SP24 Fund of Research Visits for ASEA-UNINET member universities. As there is still budget left for 2019 and the first quarter of 2020, you are invited to use this opportunity to trigger projects between partners in South-East-Asia and Austria.
The requirements are as following:
– The duration should be ideally 3-4 weeks (less than 3 weeks is not possible) to trigger new joint research projects and ideas.
– In cases of researchers who already had a research-visit last year and would like to intensify/enrich their cooperation with a specific partner they have visited last year – applications of visits in either of both directions are encouraged for the following year (i.e.2019) or first quarter of 2020.
– Applicants have to fill in the attached application form, outlining the intentions, research plan, schedule etc.
– The application has to be submitted by the Austrian ASEA-UNINET Member University.
– The application forms for SP24 outgoings and incomings are attached.
– Most of the time decisions on SP24 applications will be taken within a maximum time frame of 4 weeks.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 6 weeks before the planned in or outgoing travel. The programme is administered by the OeAD-GmbH. The approved application has to be submitted to the OeAD-GmbH no later than one month before the planned visit.